Monday, October 10, 2011

The Team


All I can say is WOW! Great services on yesterday at our Church; my Sunday School Teacher did an outstanding job on teaching Acts chapter 4. I enjoy hearing him teach every Sunday he always excites me and he always teaches me something; if you’re missing Sunday School you may be robbing yourself of one of the greatest blessings of the week. Then my Pastor preached on the Double Mind. He used an illustration with a young man in our Church on juggling; we had a young man that could do that very well and our Pastor was not aware of how well. Anyways the illustration didn’t go the way our Pastor thought it would but I think it brought out more of what he preached on. We all from time to time try to juggle too many things. We do a fine job of it for awhile but to be double minded as my Pastor so well said it hurts our character as well as brings confusion into our lives and will lead to a life of no commitment.
 James 1:8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.
James 4:8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.
I am grateful to the people who have invested in my life. I remember when I was very young my mom and dad signed me and my brother up to play baseball. For the first two years I didn’t play much ball I rode the pine which means sat on the bench most of the time. Then one of my coaches took some interest in me and spent some time with me. He taught me to catch a fly ball you must get under it, he said.  He taught me how to stand at the plate and how to hit a baseball.  I went from riding the pine to playing in the game; I liked that much better.  That coach taught me much more than he ever knew for you see life is much more than being on the team. The Christian life is also much more than just being on the team. There are a lot of Christians who are sitting on the pine; it could be that no one has taken any interest in them like that coach did me. I want to tell you that playing in the game has many more rewarding times than riding the pine. I can remember being on two first place teams and both times I received trophies. The first time my team did the winning and I rode the pine. The next time my talent had so improved that I was playing almost every inning of every game. I tell you that was the year the trophy meant the most to me? In my Christina life I don’t want to ride the pine I want in the game. I don’t want to hear myself say I can’t but just the opposite I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me; just as the Apostle Paul said.
 Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
 You see I have this little saying “I can have as much as I want or as little as I’m satisfied with.” So am I satisfied where I am or do I want to push forward? I can’t speak for you but my heart’s desire is to serve Him and bring glory and honor to His Holy Name.  You see I don’t want to just be on the Christian team or play in the game but I also want to ride on the bus with my fellow team mates. It is called comradery; it’s the union that exists between soldiers that have experienced the crucible of combat together. It is the players on the team, it is the soldiers in the battle, and it is a friendship where we can draw unique experience from one another. The problem is if you aren’t on the playing field or the battle field then you’re not going to be on the bus with the real players. So where are you at? Were you there at Sunday School yesterday morning? At the Sunday morning Worship service? Were you at the evening Worship service? Ask yourself where am I on the team, on the playing field? Did I rob myself of a blessing God wanted me to have by missing the instructing times. How are you going to do this week just like before on the team or are you going to do more? You can have as much as you want or as little as you’re satisfied with. It’s going to be a great week; let’s get in the game.  

No comments:

Post a Comment