Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Time Well Spent


I have spent some time learning Psalms Chapter 107 and verses 8 & 9. I wrote these two verses on an index card and put that card in my pocket. Every time I had a free moment I would look at them then I would repeat those verses over and over until I could say them without looking at the card. For over a week I have let those verses sink down in my heart. Years ago I learned something very valuable to me from my oldest son that I have never forgotten. He would spend hours upon hours in his room studying when he was in college; he was studying to be an Electrical Engineer.  One day I asked him why he spent that much time studying, that is when he told me this “Dad,  I don’t want to know how it works I want to know what makes it work and why.”  So with that same attitude I don’t want to just learn how to say a verse I want God to teach me to know that verse. What is the use of knowing a Bible verses and not knowing what they mean. Here are the two verses I put on that index card.
Psalms 107:8 Oh that men would praise the LORD for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men!
Psalms 107:9 For he satisfieth the longing soul, and filleth the hungry soul with goodness.
Now here is what God let me see in those two verses.  Oh, that I might give thanks for His kindness and His actions toward the children of men.  He grants my desires and wishes which gives me a desire to want to spend more time with Him.  He then keeps filling my hungry soul with His goodness.
It took me over a week for the Lord to show me that, but may I say the time I spent with Him was priceless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment