Friday, September 18, 2009

Things Passed Away

Has anyone ever asked you this question "has there ever been a time in your life where you life changed completely?" I can tell you about the time and I can take you to the place when that happened in my life. The time was April 1973; the place was Eastland Heights Baptist Church in Atlanta, Ga. What happened on that day? Old Things passed away when I saw, I was guilty, when I knew that there was a judgment to come and I was far from being ready. My church membership was no good and I needed much more than that. I can and will give you a Bible Verse 2 Corinthians 5:17- Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. The day will come and we do not know when, this life's race will be over and I can assure you the things you think are most important now will not be what is important then. Learn to spend time with Jesus and know Him.

Get excited, for we are rich in Christ Jesus and our Bibles are a Love letter from a Father to His children. If you and I are to know who Jesus is then we must listen to those who know Him; read with me what Paul has to say Galatians 2:20- I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

The new life is lived on the principle of faith in Christ rather than on that of legal obedience. Galatians 2:16- Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Faith builds on the fact of a personal love of the Savior. Ephesians 5:2- And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet smelling savour.

Righteousness cannot be obtained by the law if it could then there would have been no need for the death of Christ. Is the law useless to us? No! Let me show you why. Paul said in Romans 7:7- What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet

Paul said that he would have never known sin if it were not for the law. What law? Paul talked about a Law that said "Thou shalt not covet." Is there such a law?

Exodus 20:17-
Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's

Deuteronomy 5:21- Neither shalt thou desire thy neighbour's wife, neither shalt thou covet thy neighbour's house, his field, or his manservant, or his maidservant, his ox, or his ass, or any thing that is thy neighbour's.

Paul later tells us that it was the law that was his teacher

Galatians 3:24- Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
Do you know Him or just about Him? May the Lord bless each and every one of you this weekend and please don't be a stranger at your Church.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment