Monday, September 14, 2009

Worship

Worship, what is it? Is it going to Church, singing songs, giving tithes & offerings, learning more of and about God through Sunday school and preaching of the Bible? Sure, we do Worship when we do these things. But, doing them does not mean we are worshiping the way God wants or as often as God wants. Worship must be experienced rather than described; if I were to tell you that this perfume smells like a rose or if I told you this food tasted much like honey you would have to have experienced them both before you would understand and know what I was talking about. Worship is the overflow of a grateful heart. Psalms 45:1
My heart is inditing (to gush) a good matter: (overflowing with good news) I speak of the things which I have made touching the king: my tongue is the pen of a ready (skillful) writer.
David said in Psalms 23:5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. How could David say that his cup was running over in the presence of his enemy? Could it be that David had more confidence in what God could do than what his enemies could do to him? If I were to ask you which attitude would be best, a pessimist attitude or an optimistic attitude, which would you say? Most would say an optimistic attitude; you may have even said that. Now read this and see if you would change your mind. James Stockdale was a prisoner of war for 8 years during the Vietnam War. After Stockdale's release he was asked how in the world he survived 8 years in a prisoner-of-war camp. He replied, "I never lost faith in the end of the story. I never doubted, not only that I would get out, but also that I would prevail in the end and turn the experience into the defining event of my life, which, in retrospect, I would not trade." He was then asked about those who didn't make it out and if he could tell them the reason why. Stockdale replied, that's easy; the optimists…they were the ones who said," We're going to be out by Christmas." And Christmas would come and go. Then they'd say, "We're going to be out by Easter." And Easter would come, and Easter would go. And then Thanksgiving, and then it too would come and go and then it would be Christmas again. And they died of a broken heart. Real courage embraces the twin realities of current difficulty and ultimate triumph. If you read Hebrews chapter 11 you will quickly see it's a chapter about faith; it starts off that way. Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
Then we are introduced to 3-men Abel, Enoch and Noah. Notice


 

Abel
speaks of Worship by sacrifice Hebrews 11:4
By

faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh. Worship will cost you some of your time; but who does time belong to anyways?


 

Enoch speaks of fellowship by a walk and Hebrews 11:5
By
faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God. You get to know God by spending time with Him.


 

Noah speaks of Worship by Work by a revelation from God. From this we understand that Worship is more than going to Church and singing and hearing sermons. Hebrews 11:7 By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith. By taking the time to spend time with God you will then want to do something for Him. Noah built an ark. If you and I take time to spend with God we too will have a desire to do something and God will bless it beyond your wildest dreams. That's why I write every day, for I want to share what God has shown me in the time I have spent with Him and He then uses it to bless you.; isn't God good!

No comments:

Post a Comment