Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Worship #2

On yesterday I wrote about Worship and I would like today to write a bit more about Worship. We said on yesterday that Worship was the overflow of a grateful heart. Worship is also a heart that is overflowing and Glorifying God because of it. The word "Glorify" Webster tells us means to praise; to magnify and honor. I took a little time and looked up some verses about when a good time would be to Glorify God and here is what I found!

#1- Glorify God in the day of Trouble
Psalms 50:15
And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me.

#2- As a Nation we should
Psalms 86:9
All nations whom thou hast made shall come and worship before thee, O Lord; and shall glorify thy name.

#3- With all our hearts
Psalms 86:12
I will praise thee, O Lord my God, with all my heart: and I will glorify thy name for evermore.

#4- Glorifying is a sign of Strength
Isaiah 25:3
Therefore shall the strong people glorify thee, the city of the terrible nations shall fear thee.

#5- What we do should Glorify Him Matthew 5:16
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

#6- We should Glorify Him with our bodies
1Corinthains 6:20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

What hinders us from all this? I think the answer is found in Genesis 22:5
And Abraham said unto his young men, Abide ye here with the ass; and I and the lad will go yonder and worship, and come again to you.
I think these two young men give us a picture of how our Worship can be hindered. Just as Abraham did, so must you and I; we must say "abide ye here" business affairs, hobbies, home care, problems and anything else that will intrude my thoughts and divert my mind from time with God. By being Distracted we stay busy and keep our minds occupied with other things. We stay busy listening to the Radio, CD players, T.V., DVD's and our P.C.'s not to mention our cell phones. No time for Worship for we are Busy, Busy, Busy. Look what the word busy could mean.

B    eing

U    under

S    atan's

Y    oke

We must come before God.

Hebrews 10:21
And having an high priest over the house of God;

Hebrews 10:22
Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

Our Privilege "having an high priest "

Our Responsibility "Let us draw near "

What a Privilege we have that anyone of us can came boldly Hebrew 4:16
Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Have you taken the time to draw near? Don't allow the beeps, rings, buzzing and the sound of your favor group keep you from it, for it is a privilege we have, take full advantage of it.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment