Friday, October 16, 2009

A Good Man

As I read Proverbs 12 some things jumped out at me; they always do that you know, anyways I just wanted to share them with you this morning.

Pro 12:2
A good man obtaineth favour {delight, pleasure} of the LORD: but a man of wicked devices will he condemn.

Webster- Favor-To regard with kindness; to support; to aid or have the disposition to aid, or to wish success to; to befriend; to encourage.


The word 'favour" caught my attention; who doesn't want the Lord's favor? I want the Lord to show kindness toward me and support and give success as well as to be my friend and to encourage me. A good man obtains favor; so who is a good man?

Five things that Display a Good Man:

#1- In his Steps-Psalms 37:23 The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way.

#2- In his Affairs-Psalms 112:5 A
good man sheweth favour, and lendeth: he will guide his affairs with discretion.

#3- In his Departure- Proverbs 13:22 A
good man leaveth an inheritance to his children's children: and the wealth of the sinner is laid up for the just.
This inheritance may not mean money; have you ever heard anyone say "my Granddaddy or Grandmother always told me….." or I never saw them…they always….I never heard them say…..about anyone, they always paid…..his handshake was as good as……What an inheritance, be thankful for that it is far better than money!

#4- In his Heart & Word-
Luke 6:45
A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.

#5- In his Faith-Act 11:24
For he was a good man, and full of the Holy Ghost and of faith: and much people was added unto the Lord.

If I want the favor of the Lord I must pay close attention to the Word of God and listen to the leading of the Holy Spirit as He leads me; listen, listen, listen! Then the Lord will be delighted in my walk and support me in the efforts I put forth for Him. Five things I must desire in my life today.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment