Monday, October 5, 2009

Minimize

In the Bible we find the phrase "Be of Good Cheer" 7 times. We need to see more people with Good Cheer for too many are sad when they need to be glad. You may say that you don't have anything to be cheerful about. But I would have you think in the other direction; we have much to be Cheerful about. Here are just a few examples; we have a wonderful book called the Bible to be Cheerful about. We have a salvation to be cheerful about, a mate to be cheerful about, could you be cheerful about your job? If you are not then quit for others are waiting in line to get one; someone would love to have yours. But then the negative comes which says how do I really know the Bible is a book to be cheerful about for I haven't tried another. How can I be cheerful about my salvation when I am having all kind of problems going on in my life? How can I be cheerful about my mate I haven't tried another. Here is where you have to be careful because the enemy wants to minimize what you have and maximize what you don't have. Billboards are put in places along the highway to get your attention to show you what you need or what will make your life much better if only you would pay the cost. Many people then go for what they think will make them cheerful only to find out that because of the time and money, they find that the cheerfulness promised them, has not came at all, instead of cheerfulness it becomes sadness of the heart. That's what temptation is, it's like the billboard on the highway but it's placed in our minds to show us what we are missing. So our enemy comes with temptations and temptations are not sin no more than a billboard can charge you money by just being on the side of the road. It becomes sin when we allow it to take over.
James 1:12
Blessed {Happy} is the man that endureth {take patiently} temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.



James 1:13

Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:

James 1:14
But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
{entrapped}

James 1:15
Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

James 1:15
Do
not err, my beloved brethren. The billboard called temptation comes to our weak area and then we are entrapped by our own lust and then our lust captures us then we fall into our temptation. But it all started with that billboard which minimized what we already had so it could maximize what we don't have. Thinking this will bring us cheerfulness we indulge only to find that it doesn't bring cheerfulness at all. So today learn what Paul learned long ago Phillippians 4:11
Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.
May I say today be content and when the temptation comes you will be able to be cheerful in what you already have.

No comments:

Post a Comment