Friday, June 25, 2010

Eternity

Birthdays are wonderful, but if you ever quit having them that may not be good. On yesterday I turned the big 60, I used to think that was oooooold but you know I don't think that way anymore. Matter of a fact I feel like I am about 40; you can call me over the hill if you like but that can't be for I've never made it to the top, yet. I do wonder where all the time has gone and I do understand what Job said long ago now

Job 9:25
Now my days are swifter than a post: (footman, runner) they flee away, The days, and years really do fly by faster than we ever dreamed; each day bringing us closer to our last day. We may have been so busy pursuing the goal of happiness and success that we have forgotten about eternity. How many funerals have we been to of people who thought they had more time; maybe lots more time, and suddenly it was over? Did they prepare for eternity? Job said this about his life

Job 7:6
My days are swifter than a weaver's shuttle, and are spent without hope. James tell us this about our life

James 4:14
Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away. The question is have we planned for eternity or have we forgotten it thinking we have plenty of time to prepare? We're not ready for eternity unless every sin of our life has been erased from God's book. And there's only one person who can do that: the person who died to pay for that sin, and that's Jesus.

Colossians 1:20
And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

Colossians 1:21
And you, (Tom, Mike, Bob, Randy, Eddie….) that were sometime alienated (unfriendly, hostile, or indifferent) and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled (restore to friendship or harmony) as the boy Scouts motto says "be prepared"! All death can do, then, is take you to heaven if you haven't forgotten about eternity and you belong to Jesus Christ. If not then read carefully Hebrews 4:7
Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, to day, after so long a time; as it is said, to day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts. I urge you to find a place where you can talk to Him and just tell "Jesus, you died for my sins so I don't have to. You're my only hope, and I am now "Yours." The Bible says at that moment, you'll be given the gift of eternal life. Sins gone

Psalms 103:12
As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions (violation of a law, command, or duty) from us. There's such wonderful peace in knowing that you're ready for eternity whenever it comes. See you Monday and may the Lord bless each and every one of you. See you in Church Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment