Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Transformed

Have you ever been overwhelmed with the situation you find yourself in? I can remember a time that I was so overwhelmed that I neglected the only source of power that could possibly help. It mattered not how much money I had thrown at the problem; the advice that I had received from my expert friends, didn't help; matter of fact their expert advice made things worse. They said things like if that was my…… this is what I would do. I wouldn't take that for one minute I would…… not one person told me anything that would work or even come close to working in my situation. Discouraged, depressed and disillusioned a man invited me to Church, I said ok but in my mind I said this is no good I need real help and here is what I discovered. Let me explain this way; outside our homes there are wires that run on poles up and down our street. Those wires carry electricity so that you and I can run the electrical devices that we have; like stove tops and oven to cook our food, washing machines and dryers so we will have clean clothes. There are many, many things we use electricity for; just look at your electric bill or better yet go cut it off and you will soon see how important it is. What you may or may not know is that something has to happen to that electricity before it ever gets into your home and that is it has to go through a transformer which lowers its power so it will not burn everything in your home up. Merriam Webster says this about the word transformer- a device employing the principle of mutual induction to convert variations of current in a primary circuit into variations of voltage and current in a secondary circuit. A Transformer either lowers electricity or increases it. Now with that in mind let's read of a woman who had a situation that she had had for about 12-years. She had tried everything possible, she had spent all the money she had and that didn't help. Now with nothing left and still in poor health she hears of this man Jesus and how He had done many things for many people. She goes to where He is and decides if I can only get to a place where I may just touch the hem of His garment.

Mark 5:28
For she said, If I may touch but his clothes, I shall be whole.
Where did she get an idea such as that? I think she had been listening to what this man Jesus had done for others

Luke 6:19
And the whole multitude sought to touch him: for there went virtue out of him, and healed them all.
I think what we need is a new way of thinking. It's not a program or an expert although God might use those things; what we need is to change our way of thinking just as that woman did long ago. If you and I keep doing the same things we have always done we are going to get the same results we always have and to think otherwise is only foolish thinking on our part. You and I need a transforming of the mind Romans 12:2
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
Don't be like everyone else, don't think like everyone else, change the way you think. Let me ask you a question that was asked by Jesus

Matthew 16:15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? Who is Jesus to you? God's Son, Savior of the world, who is He? Who do men say He is? Who do you say He is? Is He the Savior of the World or is He the Savior of "YOUR" soul? And if so how did He become your Savior? Like that electricity coming from the street to your home it must go through a transformer first. All the talk you have ever heard about Jesus what did it do for you? Did it transform your thinking to the point it transformed the way you lived your life? Did Jesus transform that lady that day on the street or just made her feel good about herself? How about you a new way of thinking or just a feel good for the moment?

No comments:

Post a Comment