Thursday, March 17, 2011

Circumstances and Actions


The last two days I have written on anger; on Tuesday I wrote about letting the circumstances control us then on Wednesday I wrote about being slow to anger and having a merry heart and a continual feast. Well, I was put to the test on Wednesday; I had one of those days. Before the sun rose in the east I had already set off our alarm system. I ran back in the house to shut it down before the alarm people called; not fast enough for the phone was ringing before I could walk back to the living room.  I couldn’t find the phone because of a dead battery and I did not think to run upstairs to answer it there. They called the cell phone and we were at least able to stop the police from coming. Off to a meeting at 8:30 just getting there right before it started; that was close. After the meeting off to a job where something was going on inside a wall; up in the attic as I leaned over to look down in some wall voids I said to myself “better take that stuff out your shirt pocket before it falls in one of those voids.  I did and as I did I said to myself “don’t forget you have taken it out or you will forget it.” Oh no I said to myself I won't forget it. Two and a half hours later I went to get something out of my shirt pocket; you guessed it I forgot it. Now I must return and get it. As I was riding back I was reminded of what I had written just hours earlier!  It’s my choice to be happy or angry, it’s my choice to have a continual feast! Will I let all that is going wrong control me? Will I let all these things break my spirit? That is when I just started laughing for all that had gone wrong was all my fault so I decided to just continue to have a merry heart and a continual feast. Today I am reminded of what Proverbs 16 and verse 32 has to say 
Proverbs 16:32  He that is slow to anger is better than the mighty; and he that ruleth his spirit than he that taketh a city. Once again I am reminded that being slow to anger is better than the mighty and he that rules his spirit than he that captures a city.  If I can’t control myself then it matters not what else I may be good at. That is why I was smiling because I want to be in charge of my actions.  I  won't let the circumstances control me with the opportunity to get angry at others! They haven’t done anything to cause anything to go wrong and they would get hurt by my reacting. I am glad the Lord still uses His Book to teach us how we can react at any given time.

No comments:

Post a Comment