Friday, March 11, 2011

Hidden Treasure

Would it not be nice to find a hidden treasure?  I read about a stage hold up in 1881; the robbers took $125,000 dollars and were soon tracked down. As a gun fight arose all five robbers we killed but no money was found and to this day that loot has never been found. One man spent 30 years looking for it but never found it; others have followed him and with the same results. The only ones who knew where the loot was at are all dead and for the last 130 years that loot is still in a safe place. What if you or I were to go to Flagstaff, Arizona; and somehow stumble upon that loot. Wouldn’t that the wonderful! I have been to Flagstaff and I didn’t find it and if I were to go back I don’t think I would find it then  either.  I wasn’t looking for it mainly because I didn’t know anything about it until yesterday.  What if I were to find it; what would I really have? You say enough money to last the rest of your life. Wonderful!  The truth is, as useful as that money would be right now; as exciting as it might be to discover the buried loot in Flagstaff, Arizona, nothing will change my life more than finding hidden treasure offered from God Himself. Our gracious Heavenly Father left a collection of clues and signposts along the way to lead us to the locations in life where wisdom lies waiting to be discovered, possessed, and applied. All you and I have to do is just read and apply.
Proverbs 2:2  So that thou incline thine ear unto wisdom, and apply thine heart to understanding;
Proverbs 2:3  Yea, if thou criest after knowledge, and liftest up thy voice for understanding;
Proverbs 2:4  If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures;
Proverbs 2:5  Then shalt thou understand the fear of the LORD, and find the knowledge of God.
Proverbs 2:6  For the LORD giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding.
There is a treasure for you and I to find all we have to do is search and we will find the knowledge of God and when we do then we will understand. HELLO; let’s get busy searching.

P.S. I request your prayers this weekend as we will be presenting the Reformers Unanimous Addiction and the Scarlet Thread Ministries to our Church. I am sending a short blog that my Pastor has written about this Sunday, please read it and then pray that God will help someone that might come with a stronghold that has them bound.
Posted in General on March 7, 2011 by Derik Lawrence Pastor Victory Baptist Church Loganville GA
This Sunday will be our annual “RU Sunday”…a day each year where we put an emphasis on the Addictions Ministry of VBC.  Every Friday night a group of dedicated individuals gather to “talk, talk, talk!”  The night is divided into three time segments, aptly named “talks.”
Our local chapter of this national ministry is directed by Wayne Sosebee, a man who has a passion for the addicted.   I can honestly say that Bro. Wayne truly loves this ministry and the people which volunteer with him.  The Lord has blessed us with just the right man to lead this ministry.  He has surrounded himself with a group of people that are just about as passionate as he is and I love them and their support for him and VBC.
Just recently, we’ve ventured out and started The Scarlet Thread Thrift Store, designed to assist funding a future Men and Women’s Home.  This Sunday we’ll hear more about both ministries and I want to encourage you to be praying for the day.  If there is someone in your family, someone you work with, or even yourself that is struggling with a stronghold, please make every effort to be in attendance BOTH services.  I will be preaching the AM service and Bro. Wayne the PM, with testimonies and videos in each.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment