Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The Conies

In Proverbs 30 and verse 24 I noticed something Proverbs 30:24  There be four things which are little upon the earth, but they are exceeding wise: Four little things that are not just wise but exceeding wise. Yesterday we talked about the “ant” today I want to write about the “conies.”
Proverbs 30:26  The conies are but a feeble folk, yet make they their houses in the rocks;
 I am not sure what conies are, some say “badgers” others say “mountain mouse, or bear mouse.”All I can say is that the Bible tells us “There be four things which are little“whatever or which one or neither that is not what interests me. What caught my eye is that they make their houses in the rocks. Now think about that for a moment; these small animals have made their home in a safe place away from their enemies. We should take hold of that wisdom and do the same. No, I’m not talking about building your home inside of a cave or out of rocks but your spiritual life in a safe place. The first time we see the word “rock” mentioned in the New Testament is in 
Matthew 7:24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: Is it not strange that it happens to be talking about building a house upon a rock? Let’s look further
Matthew 7:14  Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. Later we read as Jesus ask His disciples a question,
Matthew 16:15  He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
Matthew 16:16  And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
Matthew 16:17  And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
Matthew 16:18  And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock(Jesus Christ)
 I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
Psalms 18:2  The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.
Here is the Rock Jesus Christ and if you and I build our homes, families, lives around and in the Rock, we too will be secure. Now that is exceedingly wise advice!

No comments:

Post a Comment