Friday, June 10, 2011

Plugged Up

Ever had a day that just didn’t go all that well? The Lord taught me something the other night that helped me see why some days don’t go all that well. I was to meet with someone in another city not far away. The address was given to me; I grabbed my GPS and off we went. The GPS was working well it got us to where we were going with not one problem. On the way home I noticed that the GPS wasn’t working at all. I didn’t pay much attention to it for I remembered how to get back home. When I arrived at home I grabbed the GPS and that is when I noticed why it wasn’t working I had forgot to plug it into the power source so it was running on its own power. When the battery ran down it stopped working, because all its power had been used up. Right there was everything needed to give it the right power; it just wasn’t being used.  That’s what I do sometimes; I get in a hurry doing other things; they may even be good things but while doing something else I have not prayed or read my Bible or said a kind word to someone else. So therefore I was running on my own power I haven’t asked the Lord to help me do anything; sure everything was there but I just for whatever reason didn’t plug myself up with prayer and Bible reading. Prayer is something we must make time for if we don’t the time will be robbed from us by other things. We are told to trust in the Lord with all our heart and not to lean unto our own understanding. When I run out without prayer and meet the day I am running on my own power. At first all will be ok but before the day is done I will be running on my power and it’s all because I didn’t take the time to spend with the Lord. As we begin this day be sure you have made the time to spend with the Lord. Be sure you make it to Church for it may be there the Lord has something special just for you.  See you Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment