Monday, June 20, 2011

WOW

I have heard the word WOW all my life and on yesterday I heard it used twice.  I took the time to look it up and this is what Merriam Webster said about the word WOW used to express strong feeling (as pleasure or surprise) used to show that you are very surprised or pleased ▪ Wow! This is delicious! ▪ Oh, wow! I can't believe you came! I started to think about the time that WOW was a good expression in my life. September 1968 at 5 am in the morning; when a man walked into a place where I was sleeping and turned on lights that were awful bright and started screaming with a very loud voice calling out names that I can’t write here. I remember saying to myself WOW I can’t believe what’s happening. I remember another time when I saw this beautiful young lady and then found out that she wanted to get to know me better and I said WOW. The best part about that WOW is that 41 and half years later I’m still saying WOW. Then there was the time I went to Eastland Heights Baptist Church and on that day I asked the Lord to save me and He did. Can you believe it? Yes it’s WOW again that God would love me so much that He would give His Son to pay a debt He did not owe for me. All I can say is WOW!  You will not find the word WOW in the Bible but you won't read much of it before you will find yourself saying WOW.
John 3:16  For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.WOW! It is whosoever that is in the world and you don’t have to be real smart to know that’s talking to each of us. WOW! Here is that word “whosoever” again
Romans 10:13  For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
The word “whosoever” is used 110 times in the New Testament look at the last time it is used:
Revelation 22:17  And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.
It’s Come, Come and Come then Whosoever will let him take of the water of life freely. I believe God is expecting whosoever will to come and take of the water of life without cost. WOW! So are you a whosoever that has come? If not why not? I hope today you can say with me WOW. Have a blessed week and say something kind to someone today it will make you both feel good.  WOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment