Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Years Later

   When I was a boy I remember only few types of shoes; there were Kids, Buster Brown, Red Goose Shoes and then there were Paul Parrot which had a catchy little tune. “Paul Parrot, Paul Parrot are the shoes you ought to buy they make your feet run fast as fast as I can fly; Paul; Parrot, Paul Parrot.” Now I don’t ever remember my mom and dad buying me any Paul Parrot shoes, but I can still remember their little tune many years later. Those who were behind the advertisement did a good job advertising there product. I saw an advertisement the other day advertising gravity free shoes. Now that is interesting; put their shoes on an all of a sudden your feet become gravity free. Really! There are many ways to market a product now days and many times you get a product that is not what it was built up to be and then we get angry. But wait just a minute are we as Christian not advertisement for the Lord Jesus. In my business I have been beat out of more money by those who claim to be Christian than anyone else. That is poor representation of a Christian and if we were to judge all Christians by the actions of a few we would think that all Christians were crooks. I love what the Bible teaches us
Matthew 7:16  Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
Matthew 7:20  Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.  We must remember that a fruit tree that is diseased puts off a little fruit that is small and weak and may not have a sweet taste to it at all. Anyone can talk a good game but it’s the quality of the fruit along with its sweetness that keeps one returning. If you and I are representing the Lord Jesus Christ we must learn of Him.
Matthew 11:29  Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.  Would Jesus pay you if He owed you money? Let the Bible answer that for us.
Matthew 17:24  And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute?
Matthew 17:27  Notwithstanding, lest we should offend them, go thou to the sea, and cast an hook, and take up the fish that first cometh up; and when thou hast opened his mouth, thou shalt find a piece of money: that take, and give unto them for me and thee. Just as those did long ago that were responsible for marketing Paul Parrot Shoes and how they put little saying in our heads that stuck. That is the kind of Christian I want to be, that people will remember me and the things I did that represented the Lord Jesus Christ long after I am gone for making  a good representation not a poor one. As we fertilize our lives with the Word of God and Prayer we will produce good fruit that will nourish those we come in contact with.  
    

No comments:

Post a Comment