Friday, July 8, 2011

Better

 It matters not what you are going to buy whether it’s a TV, radio, car, boat or anything there is always something better if you are willing to pay for it. I have done things the hard way and the easy way and then have found a better way of doing them. I was reading in the book of Hebrews in chapter one and saw this 
Hebrews 1:4  Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they. That word better caught my eye; notice, not just better but so much better. Well, that brings up the question "what is so much better?" Let’s see if we can find out. First of all it says “being made so much better than the angels.” Something better than angels? There are a few angels that come to mind; there was Gabriel and he was a Mighty Angel and there was Michael and he was a Messenger. As we to continue read there is something better than the angels; I am interested, how about you? Notice what is said “He hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name.” The personal pronoun is referring to Jesus, God's Son which is God in the flesh and God hasn’t’ inherited anything for He owns it all. 
Hebrews 1:2  Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
Read it; hath by (past tense) inheritance obtained a more excellent name. 
Proverbs 22:1  good name is rather to be chosen than great riches, and loving favour rather than silver and gold.
Charles Weigle says it best in his song “No One Ever Cared For Me Like Jesus.” He wrote that song after a great heart break. Charles' wife decided that she no longer wanted to be a preacher's wife. Charles pleaded with her to stay with him, but she refused to do so. Charles Weigle, in the middle of his evangelistic success, had to say goodbye to his wife. His wife left him  never to return. As soon as she left, he sat down and wrote, “No One Ever Cared for Me Like Jesus.”

1. I would love to tell you what I think of Jesus
Since I found in Him a friend so strong and true;
I would tell you how He changed my life completely
He did something that no other friend could do.

Refrain:
No one ever cared for me like Jesus,
There's no other friend so kind as He;
No one else could take the sin and darkness from me
O how much He cared for me!

2. All my life was full of sin when Jesus found me,
All my heart was full of misery and woe;
Jesus placed His strong and loving arms around me,
And He led me in the way I ought to go.

3. Ev'ry day He comes to me with new assurance,
More and more I understand His words of love;
But I'll never know just why He came to save me,
'Till some day I see His blessed face above.

When you hurt turn to God in prayer, tell Him all that is on your heart, tell Him everything.  Do not be led by your emotions, turn the issue to God and trust Him, then you can be emotionally free and be a useful servant of the Savior. Have a Great Week End and we will meet again on Monday. May the Lord Bless you is my prayer!

No comments:

Post a Comment