Thursday, July 7, 2011

Teach Me

A few years ago I went to a friend of mine who had been successful in the car business. I asked him if he would teach me how to buy and sale cars. He agreed and then said he would if I would agree to be at the car auction every Monday night; I agreed and he taught me. Has anyone ever came to you and asked you to teach them what you know?  One can have a desire to know something but not be willing to put in the time to be taught. In Psalms 119 we read the words “teach me” nine times
Psalms 119:12  Blessed art thou, O LORD: teach me thy statutes.
Psalms 119:26  I have declared my ways, and thou heardest me: teach me thy statutes.
Psalms 119:33  HE. Teach me, O LORD, the way of thy statutes; and I shall keep it unto the end.
Psalms 119:64  The earth, O LORD, is full of thy mercy: teach me thy statutes.
Psalms 119:66  Teach me good judgment and knowledge: for I have believed thy commandments.
Psalms 119:68  Thou art good, and doest good; teach me thy statutes.
Psalms 119:108  Accept, I beseech thee, the freewill offerings of my mouth, O LORD, and teach me thy judgments.
Psalms 119:124  Deal with thy servant according unto thy mercy, and teach me thy statutes.
Psalms 119:135  Make thy face to shine upon thy servant; and teach me thy statutes.
Out of those nine verses  seven are asking to be taught about “thy statues.” One verse is asking to be taught about “Judgment and knowledge” and one verse is asking to be taught about “thy judgment.” It all works toward a relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ. That leads me to another question do you have a desire to be taught and to know more about the Lord Jesus Christ? I don’t know how it was with you but the day I asked the Lord Jesus Christ to come into my heart and forgive me of my sins I also got a new desire and it was to know more about the Lord Jesus.
1Peter 2:2  As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby: That new desire was for God’s pure word so that I might grow in my salvation and by doing so know more about the Lord. The Apostle Paul also had the same desire
Philippians 3:10  That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;
When a new born baby comes into this world it has a desire for milk and that is the only thing that will satisfy a baby; so it is with one who has just asked the Lord Jesus to come into their heart the only thing that will satisfy is God’s Word. I hope you have that desire and with that desire say to the Lord “teach me” and I assure you He will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment