Friday, July 29, 2011

Tomorrow

In the movie "Gone With the Wind" when Rhett Butler left Scarlett while she was standing in the door way she made this statement “ I can’t think about that right now. If I do, I’ll go crazy. I’ll think about that tomorrow.” Could it be that we all put off a lot of things until tomorrow. We might get by with putting some things off until tomorrow but there is one thing that we must not put off until tomorrow. As my grandmother always told me tomorrow never comes for when tomorrow gets here it will be today. How true that is. This is only a story, but the point it makes should not be ignored. There was a demon that came up with a plan that would cause more people to go to hell and his strategy worked. Here’s his strategy “I will actually tell people that they do need Jesus and that they should give Him their life, open up your heart to Jesus and be saved.” I will tell them that there is no real hurry, tomorrow will be fine. We better be fearful of that kind of thinking for here is what the Bible has to say about that way of thinking.
Proverbs 27:1  Boast not thyself of to morrow; for thou knowest not what a day may bring forth.
Then in
2Corinthians 6:2  (For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: (helped you)  behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.) If we put off our salvation until tomorrow it might be an eternal mistake. Remember there were two thieves hanging beside the Lord Jesus that day on Calvary and only one of them asked the Lord to forgive him. The Lord told him “today you shall be with Me in paradise.” 
Luke 23:42  And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom. 
Luke 23:43  And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise. The other guy, maybe he was waiting on tomorrow.
So we know it possible to wait but do you really want to cut it that close? I think it’s better to have salvation now and enjoy it here, for the Bible is clear telling us we can know that we have eternal life.
1John 5:13  These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.  Do you know or are you waiting on tomorrow? Remember it is possible but also very dangerous. Don't say what Scarlett said "I can't think about that right now...I'll think about that tomorrow.”
Hebrews 4:7  Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts. (don't be stubborn)
Hope you have a great weekend and please don’t wait on tomorrow for you don’t know what tomorrow may bring.  Last though for you can’t wait until tomorrow here all you must do to have Jesus in your heart today.
Romans 3:23  For all (for you) have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
Romans 6:23  For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
 Romans 10:10  For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Romans 10:13  For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Right now, today!

No comments:

Post a Comment