Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Ken

Sometimes the impressions as well as the impact we make on others may be priceless; let me explain. What we sometimes think as wasted time someone else may think it was the best day of their life. It happened on June 4 many years ago as an older man was digging around in his attic not long after his wife Elizabeth had went home to be with the Lord. He was mostly looking for pictures of him and his dear departed wife for she never got rid of much. As he looked at one album after another his mind ran back to years gone by and he remembered those joyous days. He reached for another album when he saw what appeared to be a journal from his now grown son. He couldn’t remember ever seeing it before and wasn’t aware that his son even kept a journal. As he began to view his son’s journal and read entry after entry he was reminded of the journals that he too kept. He went to a cabinet where his old journals were kept and soon his eyes fell upon a short note that he had recorded on June 4 which read “Wasted the whole day fishing with Jimmy. Didn't catch a thing.” He then took his sons journal turned to June 4 and here is what his son had written for the same day “went fishing with my dad. Best day of my life.” If someone was to ask you what was the best day of your life what would you say? I have had many a good day in my life. But if I had to name one day as the best day of my life it would have to be a day in April of 1973. It was a day like any other day except I was going to keep a promise that I had made to a man that I worked with. He asked me to go to Church and I told him that I would go but not to his Church I would go to the Church where my father-n-law attended. The reason; I got to thinking that maybe I could get in some good points with him for his thinking of me was not all that good. If he’s see me in the Church service that might make him think of me a little better. But little did I know that God had something much better planned for me. For on that day I gave my heart to the Lord and my life has never been the same. But you and I make imprints in others life we may never realize just like Ken did in mine when he asked me to go to Church and I did. I don’t know where Ken is and wouldn’t even know how to get in touch with him but God used Ken in my life and my life has never been the same.  One day I’ll see Ken again, if not in this life then in heaven; know what? He want be hard to find then. So I wonder how many lives have been touched by the way we act, by the way we conduct ourselves, by the words we speak. It takes only a few minutes for us to impress someone and in those few minutes God might use us to impact them as Ken did me on that night in April of 1973 which lead to the best day of my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment