Monday, March 19, 2012

Content


Our behavior is important not only to us but to those around us. I read if you keep doing the same thing over and over it will soon become a habit. Now this could be a good habit or a poor habit. I am sure we all want to have good habits; it would be wonderful to replace our poor habits with good ones, but how? I think we must learn to think different; you and I live in a world that so many are not satisfied with themselves. Their hair is the wrong color, they are not tall enough, old enough, young enough and on and on with the list of uncertainties. First learn to change the way we think. What if today I wrote down three things that I am grateful for? What if as I drove to work I would notice three things that I’m grateful for along the way? What if I were to write down some things that I appreciate about my job? Now what if I were to do that on a consistent basis; don’t you think it would start to change the way I look at things? Sure it would and is that not what the Apostle Paul was saying?
Philippians 4:11  Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content. Paul said that he had learned, he wasn’t born knowing how to be content but he learned how to be content. Then he tells us about our conversation.
Hebrews 13:5  Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. There it is again “be content” talk about being content “let your conversation be without craving for possessions.” Be content with what you have and stay far away from covetousness (A strong or disorderly  desire of obtaining and possessing some supposed good; usually in a bad sense.) What’s the plan? Keep doing the same thing you have been doing and you’re going to keep getting the same results you have been getting. Change the way to talk and think and you’ll see what you already have to be grateful for and you will learn to appreciate what you already have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment