Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Real Need


If you were to reflect back on some of what your parents taught you when you were small what would you be able to say? Could you say that today, many years later that you are a better person because of their teaching? I can only reflect back on what I was taught and I would have to say yes. I would have to say that the teaching was simple so that I could understand it. I also remember the times I was asked to go to my room this was a time that we were alone and a time I was reverent. This was also a time of unselfishness where I would hear words like “it hurts me to have to do this.” It was also a time of a real need and a time of faith in hopes that we would never have to come to this place again. As I thought on the impact that my parents had on me and the teachings that I learned, I can also see a picture of the Lord’s Prayer. One day the Lord’s disciples came to Him and asked him this question “teach us to pray.”
Luke 11:1  And it came to pass, that, as he was praying in a certain place, when he ceased, one of his disciples said unto him, Lord, teach us to pray,…..   There on that day those men were given a pattern or taught how they should pray. It too was Simple “Our Father “that’s simple and easy to understand. They were also taught that they should be Reverent “Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.” These are simple words reminding us that God is in Heaven and you and I are here upon earth.
Ecclesiastes 5:2  Be not rash with thy mouth, and let not thine heart be hasty to utter any thing before God: for God is in heaven, and thou upon earth: therefore let thy words be few.
Prayer must also deal with real needs.
Luke 11:3  Give us day by day our daily bread. Prayer must also be unselfish.
Luke 11:4  And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us.
Prayer is a time that you and I get alone with our Heavenly Father and ask Him to give us guidance for the day that is before us. It’s a time we can be completely open for He knows all. It’s a time we can completely put trust in Him as well as a time that we can expect to see His mighty hand at work. Have you been alone with HIM today?  If so then expect to see HIS mighty hand at work in your life today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment