Friday, March 30, 2012

Not Seen


It seems crazy I know but as I was thinking the other day; what if someone told you that they had seen something that was invisible and heard something that was not audible? The first impression would be there is no way, and logically that would be right. There again we don’t see electricity but it’s there! If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around it will still make a sound but we will not hear it. Men and women have given their lives for what was invisible and not audible yet they saw it and heard it. I know up to this point I have not made much sense. Let me explain;
Hebrews 11:1  Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Here we see evidence of something that’s not seen 
 Hebrews 11:3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear. Here it is seeing something that is seen but made of things which does not appear
Hebrews 11:27 By faith he forsook Egypt, not fearing the wrath of the king: for he endured, as seeing him who is invisible. Here seeing him who is invisible
 Polycarp was a second century Bishop of Smyma; he died a martyr when he was stabbed after an attempt to burn him at the stake failed. Polycarp was asked to deny Christ and they would set him free. Listen to what he told them; "Eighty and six years have I served him, and he never once wronged me; how then shall I blaspheme my King, Who hath saved me?" At the stake to which he was only tied,  for he assured them he should stand immovable, the flames, on their kindling the fagots, encircled his body, like an arch, without touching him; and the executioner, on seeing this, was ordered to pierce him with a sword, when so great a quantity of blood flowed out as extinguished the fire. Polycarp saw someone who was invisible to all those around him but to him He was clearly seen. I guess it’s true men and women are willing to suffer for what is invisible and not audible. Let me ask you, have you heard Him or seen Him today.
Matthew 25:35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
Matthew 25:36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
Matthew 25:37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
Matthew 25:38  When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
Matthew 25:39  Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
Matthew 25:40  And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. Will you see Jesus today? You will if you look in the right place. Will you see Him this weekend? It will depend on how you look at others! Have a great weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment