Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Found


If you remember back on February 15, 2012 I wrote a blog "Lost at the Mall." I told you of getting lost in the Mall; my truck was not far from where I was but I had gotten myself separated from where I had parked it. As I was reading in 2 Kings I read something that reminded me of that day; except what had become lost should have never been lost to start with. There was a young boy named Josiah at the age of 8 he became king.
 2 Kings 22:1 Josiah [was] eight years old when he began to reign, and he reigned thirty and one years in Jerusalem.
Then we read that when Josiah was 26 years old something happened.
2 Kings 22:3 And it came to pass in the eighteenth year of king Josiah, [that] the king sent Shaphan the son of Azaliah, the son of Meshullam, the scribe, to the house of the LORD, saying,
2 Kings 22:4 Go up to Hilkiah the high priest, that he may sum the silver which is brought into the house of the LORD, which the keepers of the door have gathered of the people:
The high priest was told to go to the house of the Lord to count the money that the people had brought but something was found that was far more important than money.
2 Kings 22:8 And Hilkiah the high priest said unto Shaphan the scribe, I have found the book of the law in the house of the LORD. And Hilkiah gave the book to Shaphan, and he read it.
The book of the law found in the house of the Lord how could the book of the law be lost in the house of the Lord? The reason I had gotten lost at the mall was I wasn't paying attention to where I was. As I read about the book of the law being found I wondered if that could be true in the day you and I live in. Is the house of the Lord of our day concerned more about the budget than the book? Concerned more with prestige than people? Have we become blind to the Bible? Has it been lost right where we come to worship as in the day of Josiah? What was true in Josiah's day is true in ours "For God so loved the world that He gave."
Luke 19:10  For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.
We must be concerned about our Heavenly Father's business.
Luke 2:49  And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my Father's business?
The question becomes personal have we lost God’s Word in our daily lives? Do we read it, study it, do we search for the treasures that lay within our reach or have we become so busy that we just don't take the time. Don't let the Bible become lost in your life it will give what money can't buy; love, joy ,peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faith, meekness and self control. Count your blessings and stay close to the One that gave His life for you; Jesus Christ! You’ll find Him in the Bible.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment