Monday, March 5, 2012

Where's The Beef


 A few years ago there was an advertisement that had an older lady asking this question “where is the beef.” What she was saying was that there is no evidence that there was any beef on her bun that she had just purchased. Evidence, what does that mean? That which elucidates and enables the mind to see truth. As I was looking for something I ran across this site that read “Where is the evidence that jesus christ existed?” What I first noticed was that there was no capitalization of Jesus Christ. Then I read what was said.So, bring the evidence. What evidence is there? Prove that jesus christ, the son of yahweh and the christian messiah, existed. I couldn't give a care about a "historical" Jesus, that's as useful as a historical Santa in terms of the supernatural claims made.“ Very interesting; did you happen to see once again that Jesus Christ was not capitalized but Santa was. Wonder if he believed in Santa? On this writer goes saying that there is no “reliable evidence of the existence of Jesus and then says that the Apostle Paul wrote that he only knew Jesus through revelation, which is another term for fantasy.” Ok, is there any real evidence that would state differently? I think so, and by the way the Apostle Paul didn’t live in a fantasy world nor did he write about one.   
Acts 9:3  And as he (Paul) journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:
Acts 9:4  And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?
Acts 9:5  And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.
Acts 9:6  And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do. This is neither a revelation nor fantasy that Paul is writing about, but an actual event that happened to him. It’s interesting that as we read the opening chapter of the Bible that God never tries to prove His existence, He just simply states that “In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.” I’m sorry, you have arrived too late to tell me such nonsense for I have seen the hand of God at work in many lives over many years. I have had too many prayers answered myself to think such foolishness of not putting trust in Jesus.
Psalms 14:1   The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. 
Psalms 53:1   The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.  Once our eyes close in death this life as we know it will be gone forever. The only thing that will last is that which has been done for Christ and you will open your eyes somewhere.
2Corinthains  5:8  We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.  Sounds very comforting!
Luke 16:23  And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments… Sounds very fearful!
I wouldn’t personally advise this revelation and fantasy business; it sounds very costly to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment