Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Guilty

On yesterday I went with a student of the Reformers Unanimous program to court. It was down in Zebulon, Ga. almost 80 miles from my home. It was very interesting to me as I sat in the court room and heard the different cases. Some of the people as they tried to defend themselves were humorous. One lady had been followed to her apartment because she was driving all over the road and would not stop for the officer. The officer said that the odor of alcohol was very strong in the vehicle and that when asked to get out of her truck had trouble standing. The officer told the Judge that there was also a package that looked to him like an empty alcohol product package. The lady said she was not guilty and had a witness. The Judge asked if this witness was with her at the time, to which she said no. Then she said she didn't like the officer. But what she said next almost made me laugh out loud. She said that was not an empty alcohol package it was full and I put them in the regenerator later. The witness that this lady had was standing before the judge herself not long before she became a witness. I wish I could have had that on video and I guess you can already tell what the verdict was. GUILTY! As I think of a person standing before a Judge I am reminded of those in Matthew Chapter 7
Mat 7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
Here they are standing before the Judge of all time and they are trying their best to tell Him what good things they have done. Everybody in the world at sometime or other has done good things. It’s not the good things that are important on that day, it’s have we done the will of our Heavenly Father that will count. What is the will of the Father? Galatains 1:4 Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:
Romans 6:23 For the wages (payment) of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Don’t be like that lady before the Judge; she only had a witness that was standing before the Judge herself. She had no proof and was found guilty. Jesus Christ is our payment for sin and we all have them, don’t leave this world without Jesus Christ! If you do you will be not only sorry you did, but eternally sorry you did.

Wayne S Sosebee
Reformers Unanimous Director
when you plan to get even with someone, you are only letting that person continue to hurt you.

No comments:

Post a Comment