Tuesday, March 10, 2009

One Week to Live

Have you ever been asked the question, what if you only had 24 hours or one week to live what would you do? Every time I hear that, my mind goes back to a night my dad and I stood in our front yard. I was about 10 years old and the night air had a small chill to it; you know it's not cold but as you breath it looks as if you are blowing smoke. Well we were not smoking, but as I looked up into the clear night air I saw something I had never seen before. It was a big giant ring around the moon; I have seen then sense, and every time I think, about what my Dad said to me that night. I asked my Dad to look up and when he saw the ring he said, Wayne, you know what that ring means? I said no sir! He then said with a very calm and stern voice, "it means that in three days the world will come to and end." My Dad had the art to kid and you would think it was the gospel truth. He never laugh or said he was joking or nothing like that. We went into our home and I soon went to bed and tried to go to sleep but all I could think about was in three days it was all going to over with. But three days came and went and you know what I am still here and the world is still standing. When I think of that night I smile and have fond memories of my Dad who loved me greatly. We will never know when the last day on earth will be. That's why it’s so important to live everyday enjoying what God has given us. If today was your last day will you leave it happy, glad and thankful for what God has allowed you to apart of. Or are you unhappy, mad, and angry and have an attitude of WHY ME! I love the song "I'm happy in the Lord today and it really doesn't matter........" I just love breathing God fresh air and being content with what God has given me! Don't you?
Philippians 4:11 Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.
1Timothy 6:8 And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.
Hebrews 13:5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

No comments:

Post a Comment