Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Wild Man

Mar 5:4 Because that he had been often bound with fetters and chains, and the chains had been plucked asunder by him, and the fetters broken in pieces: neither could any man tame him. When I read the account of the untamed man in Mark chapter 5 I am reminded of the time when I was about 10 years old or so. My dad worked for Southern Railroad and traveled a good bit, but he was at home many times when other dads were working. Well, on this particular summer morning he was going to my uncle's farm in Covington Ga. Which was about 20-25 miles from our home? I remember my brother, some neighbor kids and I were all in the car when my Dad began to tell us to be careful when we arrived at the farm. He began to tell us boys about a wild man that was down on the farm running around. He told us that we needed to stay with him because he didn't know what might happen to us if we didn't. Well, at 10 years old I sure didn't want to have something happen to me by some wild man. I kept up with my dad and kept my eyes on him. Soon I began to take my eyes off my dad and when I looked around he was no where to be found. Then I began to hear these strange noises; grunting sounds coming toward where we were. I then began to recall what my dad had said about the wild man. I was worried to say the least and I began to call for my dad, and as you know he did not respond to my call. The reason being he was the one making all the wild man sounds. You see he told us not to take our eyes off him, for if we did there could be danger. We did not listen and in all the wonderment of the farm we lost sight of my dad. In Mark 5 we read of a man who was living in the grave yard and if that wasn't bad enough he was abusing himself by cutting himself. We are told that he was crying day and night; in other words he was not happy at all. Then we read of good news Mark 5:6 But when he saw Jesus afar off, he ran and worshipped him, The problem with this wild man is that he had never seen Jesus. Oh, he may have heard others talk about Jesus, but it's one thing to hear others talk, but it is another to see Him for yourself. You see, I heard my dad talk about the wild man, but when I began to hear what I thought was the wild man I became worried. When I saw my dad I knew I was safe from the danger. So it was with the wild man in Mark 5. With Jesus we are safe but without Him we are in much danger. Keep your mind and eyes on Jesus for the wild man is out there waiting for you. Joh 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

No comments:

Post a Comment