Monday, March 2, 2009

Trust

I can see this week is going to start off slow. Snow and ice and who knows what, but I refuse to let a slow start keep me from finishing strong.
On February 20 I was listening to the Glen Beck show on the radio as I worked. Glen was interviewing a man by the name of Ben Sherwood who is the author of The Survivors Club: The Secrets and Science that Could Save Your Life. As they talked Ben began to tell about survivors. Well that interested me as I listen he told about the 150 in the plane crash in the Hudson Bay and their survival. Then he told about a test on the website that would tell what kind of survivor you were. I went and took the test and found that I was a thinker. Here’s what the test revealed about a thinker. A thinker is a person who uses intelligence, common sense, street smarts, sort of their mind to think their way and analyze their way through a problem. That is why when I go to an event the first thing I do is look around to see what is around me. I look for other exits in case I need to get out in a hurry because I may not can leave the way I came in. He said there are five basic survivor personalities and we all fall into one of these categories. The plane that went down in the Hudson landed safely because there was a pilot who had in the memory banks of his mind what to do if something like this happens. Many people have nothing to draw upon to know how to act in that situation, and the result is what scientists call behavioral inaction. That is, they do nothing. When I heard that my mind recalled an event in the life of David. David facing Goliath, everyone in the Israelite army was afraid, fear had over taken then. David didn’t go to fight or come face to face with fear, but he did. What did he do? He trusted God and didn’t allow the fear to over take him. The reason he could trust God here was because when he was attacked by fear once before and he trusted God to work in a manner that was humanly impossible. 1Sa 17:37 David said moreover, The LORD that delivered me out of the paw of the lion, and out of the paw of the bear, he will deliver me out of the hand of this Philistine. David had trusted God in the Past so he had something in his memory to help for the Present. The problem with some Christians; it’s not their Salvation or their Love for God it’s, they don’t have anything in their memory banks of the past to help in the present. When the world seems to be crashing down around us, we can trust God to keep His promise to deliver us. Even though the world is filled with evil, troubles, and fears, God will keep His children because He will keep His promises. Heb 13:5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. Learn to trust Him and when every things starts to fall apart you want.
Wayne S SosebeeReformers Unanimous Director
When you plan to get even with someone, you are only letting that person continue to hurt you.

No comments:

Post a Comment