Monday, March 9, 2009

RU Happy

Happiness comes from following your passion. Excellence comes from work that you are passionate about. Knowing what to do is certainly important, but knowing why you do it fuels your motivation…your passion. A strong passion enables you to find a way to achieve your goals…any goal. Passion turns your stumbling blocks into stepping stones. With that being said let me ask you a question "are you happy?" If you said yes then you are following your passion. As you follow your passion can you say "I know why I am doing what I am doing?" Let me answer for myself! As I work with the students of Reformers Unanimous I can truly say that I am passionate about what I am doing, that truly motives me. As I follow my passion knowing why I do it fuels my motivation. I see men and women who for what ever reason have made some bad choices and in return have become addicted. The Lord has allowed us to have a 73% record for those who work the program, that's astounding. I see men and women who's lives have been destroyed and their families and friends have all left them because they have lost trust in them. I see them turn their life around, I can't tell you what that does for me. I saw two men last week who had drug problems in the past, they were both on their knees with arms around each other's shoulder praying for each other. Now what that did for me was unexplainable, all I could do was weep and praise God. That is one of the rewards that comes with working with these wonderful people and seeing what God can and did do when nothing else would help. Now what about you? What are you passionate about? Do you know why? When it is all said and done what will be the results? Will people be better off? What will others say about you? Have you really been who you say you are? I love Friday nights when we come together for the RU meeting. People from all walks of life come together, the business man, the cook, the construction worker, the teacher, the one making $500.00 a week and the one making $1500.00 and more. Money is not important and titles are left at the door. This is not what it's about and when you see the business man and the cook hug each other's neck and smile and laugh about what great things the Lord is doing in their lives it will do something for you. Aren't you glad God gave us ears to hear, eyes to see and hearts to understand? When these students think of me I want them to know that I care and as that teacher you had in school or college that you have the most fondest memories about that's the way I want them to remember me.
Pro 17:22 A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones.

No comments:

Post a Comment