Friday, July 10, 2009

The Book

The other day I opened a back-sprayer, it was very simple to put together and I had it together in no time, ready to use. But I noticed that in with the packing was a book, in this book was written everything about this piece of equipment you would ever want to know. Pictures of parts and number in case you ever needed to replace anything; how it was to be put together and how you were to operate it. Then I got to thinking about other things we buy, a sound system for your home or car you get a book, you get a microwave oven you get a book, a toaster and you get a book, a car and you get a book. Now here is the trouble that I have with that, I pay little or no attention to the "BOOK." Guess what? Because I do that I have had to go back and redo somethings just because I didn't read the book. Have you ever stopped to think; wouldn't it be nice if we had a manual on being a male or female? Wouldn't it have nice when we were in our teens if we had a book to go to when things happened? Well we did, but many of us didn't know it or refused to follow it; I mean, what could this book called the Bible, possibly know about my life! Here's the problem, too many are doing like I did with a new product, we just don't take the time to read the manual {Bible}. So we make many a mistake because of that and many times we can't go back and redo it like we can with a swing set or a lawn mower.

The book of Proverbs was written by the wisest man that ever lived; think we could get any advice that would help us in our ever day life from him? I heard a motivational speaker say that on his desk he had a copy of a book about Ronald Regan's life. Then he made this statement "I think I can find at least one thing that will help me in my life if I take the time to read it." I have many things that have helped me out of the book of Proverbs here are just a few of the things that have helped me tremendously.

Proverbs 1:5

A wise man
will hear, and will increase learning; and a man of understanding shall attain unto wise counsels:
{Don't be so busy talking that you can't hear}

Proverbs 3:5
Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
{Put trust in the Lord not yourself}

Proverbs 3:6
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Proverbs 3:12
For whom the LORD loveth he correcteth
; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth. {Is the Lord correcting you like your parents?}

Proverbs 3:27

Withhold not good from them to whom it is due, when it is in the power of thine hand to do it.
{The power we have with words we can encourage each other}

Proverbs4:18
But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day.
{Is what I'm doing really making a different in the lives of others?}

Proverbs 4:19
The way of the wicked is as darkness: they know not at what they stumble.

Proverbs 4:23
Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.
{Watch what you let in your heart because it will come out of your mouth}

Proverbs4:24

Put away from thee a froward mouth, and perverse lips put far from thee.

Those are a few things out of the book that have helped me, hope they may help you too. Read the Book and you want have to go back and redo some things. There are 100's of other things in the Book that will help you get through each day. If man can write a book so detailed about a back-sprayer don't you think God can write a detailed book about mankind?


 

No comments:

Post a Comment