Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Red Light

There's a red light that I see many times as I drive on certain roads. These red lights are scattered all around our city and when they are lit there are a lot of cars turning off the highway into their parking lot. By now you know I am talking about the Krispy Kreme doughnuts store. I can drive by most stores but it's hard for me not to stop by the Krispy Kreme when the red light is on. The reason is that those doughnuts are coming off the line fresh baked and warm. They'll just melt in your mouth! You want one now, don't you? So would I! This is not something that was baked yesterday; this is not yesterday's goodies, these doughnuts are fresh and ready to eat now. Sometimes my wife will stop and pick up a dozen or so eat a few herself, then bring the rest home. Well I am thankful for that but she was the one who enjoyed the freshness of those doughnuts. The ones I got were almost fresh but not hot out of the oven fresh. There is another red light that goes off; for me anyways! Every morning when I get up I see it, it's on my desk; it's my Bible! Lamentations 3:21
This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope.

Lamentations 3:22 It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.

Lamentations 3:23 They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.

Lamentations 3:24
The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him.

Lamentations 3:25 The LORD is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him. Like verse 3 said, "it's new {fresh} every morning" and I pull in for His great faithfulness and He never fails. Fresh, warm, right off the pages, not day old but fresh spiritual food for the day and all I had to do was pull in or open the pages. That's the way He fed His children in the book of Exodus chapter sixteen Exodus 16:4

Then said the LORD unto Moses, Behold, I will rain bread from heaven for you; and the people shall go out and gather a certain rate every day, that I may prove them, whether they will walk in my law, or no.

Exodus 16:21
And they gathered it every morning, every man according to his eating: and when the sun waxed hot, it melted.
The red light was on this morning as it is every morning. Did you stop in and get a big bag of God's warm blessings? I did! And like my wife bringing home almost fresh doughnuts that's all I can give you; almost fresh blessings. If you missed out on a fresh blessing for yourself then they are waiting just for you, the red light is still on. Why don't you pull in!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment