Monday, July 20, 2009

Glasses

Well, I'm back off vacation! We had a wonderful time eating ice cream and other junk foods and just taking it easy. I read, prayed and wrote a few blogs; who knows when the Lord will lead me to publish them. Any ways, I want to write about something the Lord has taught me. Many times I like to think I am doing a good job at living the Christian life, sometimes I can almost hear the Lord whispering in my ear "well done, you are doing a wonderful job, wish everyone were like you." Well that's, what I wish and long for but I don't know if I ever hear those kind of words. Friday night when Judy and I returned from Reformers Unanimous God was about to teach me something important. I noticed before we left the Church that I was not seeing that well; it was if my glasses were not setting right on my ears. I took them off a few times to look at them intelligently like I knew what I was doing but never could see anything wrong. When we arrived home I took them off in hopes that they were dirty and I was going to clean them. That is when I noticed something wrong, they were coming apart and the ear piece was going way down below the glasses. Well here we were getting ready to go out of town for a week and my glasses were broken. But wait I thought, I have another pair! Life couldn't be better all was back to normal I thought; the only difference was that my replacement glasses had a shade to them. But what difference would that make, why it might even help with the sun. Off we go and all was well until I began to notice things didn't look quite right but I told myself I'm in a different place and I really didn't know what things were suppose to look like anyways. Can you believe that I told myself that all week? It was not until I got back home and went into the kitchen that I realized what was wrong. As I walked into the kitchen I noticed that something wasn't quite right. I looked first to see if a light bulb was not working! All looked fine and then for some reason; only known to God, I reached up and removed my glasses and that is when I saw that it wasn't everything around me but it was what I was looking through; my lightly shaded colored glasses. Isn't that the way we look at things? It's not me, it's you, and I know I did it right because I know what I'm doing. I know where I left it… somebody has moved it. I guess somebody has taken it; I know I didn't lose it or misplace it. We all like to think we are right. Nobody gets up and says, "let me see how I can do wrong things and blame others for my actions." No we want to do what's right and think we are when we are doing it. Proverbs 21:2 Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the LORD pondereth (weighs) the hearts. If you and I do that which is right in our own eyes then we will be like the person God warns us about in the book of Judges Judges 17:6
In those days there was no king in Israel, but every man did that which was right in his own eyes.
You know what you and I need? We need a King and that King must be the Lord Jesus for He has promised Hebrews 13:5
Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.
Proverbs 3:5
Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

Proverbs 3:6
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Proverbs 3:7
Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.
So I went a whole week thinking everything didn't look right never thinking it was the way I was seeing things. Why, it could never be me; could it? Sure it could and was!


 


 

P.S Thanks for all the encouraging words of how you missed the blog last week! Galatians 6:10
As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.
Thanks for taking advantage of the opportunity!


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment