Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Less Than a Minute

Have you ever received an email that said something like this "Could one minute really change your life?" Then it may go on to say something like this "Right now, millions of smart, educated, skilled, highly motivated people aren't getting what they want in life, all because one thing is standing in their way. Are you one of them?" So I want to think on that for just a moment. One minute, 60 seconds and it changes your life completely? Then they say that millions of smart and educated, skilled and highly motivated people aren't. Let's ask the question what they are wanting; good job, better pay, less work what is it that we are all supposedly missing? They will be glad to tell you for a small fee. At first thought my mind says no, one minute can't really change your life? But then after giving it a little more thought I can remember when my life did change in a minute or less. It was a Sunday morning back in April of 1973 when I promised a man named Ken that I would attend a Church service. Ken knew what was possible of happening but I didn't. Ken prayed for me that Sunday for I knew nothing about praying. On that Sunday morning a little after 12 noon my life changed forever; let me make it very clear ever means now in this life and after, in other words eternally. Romans 10:9
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
But when? John 1:12
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Romans 8:1
There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
I like that word "NOW" less than a minute and I also like the immediately Matthew 8:3
And Jesus put forth his hand, and touched him, saying, I will; be thou clean. And immediately
his leprosy was cleansed.

Matthew 20:34
So Jesus had compassion on them, and touched their eyes: and
immediately
their eyes received sight, and they followed him.

Mark 1:31
And he came and took her by the hand, and lifted her up; and
immediately
the fever left her, and she ministered unto them.

Mark 1:42
And as soon as he had spoken,
immediately
the leprosy departed from him, and he was cleansed.

Mark 2:12
And immediately
he arose, took up the bed, and went forth before them all; insomuch that they were all amazed, and glorified God, saying, We never saw it on this fashion.

Luke 8:44
Came behind him, and touched the border of his garment: and
immediately
her issue of blood stanched.
I think God does things in less than a minute! When you ask He forgives, when you ask He saves. But the question is who will separate me from the love of God? Romans 8:35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? Romans 8:38
For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

Romans 8:39
Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
And the fee for this information; not a cent and it changed my life and if you knew me before you would say without a doubt YES!


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment