Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Resting of the Mind

As our children were growing up I would tell them that their mother and I trusted them; it was something we gave them. If there ever came a day that you broke your trust you would have to build it back and it would not be an easy task. The meaning of the word "Trust" Confidence; a reliance or resting of the mind on the integrity, veracity, justice, friendship or other sound principle of another person. Now to put trust in someone or something means to have confidence in. Now let me ask you a question have you ever put trust in someone only to be betrayed? I think we could all say yes to that question. I was at a car dealership in 1986 and was making a deal on a Ford Mini Van. The salesman had given me an unreal price and I had told another salesman who was trying to sale me one from his dealership what the other dealership had quoted me. He told me that there was no way he could sale that Van to me at that price and then he told me to get it in writing. Good idea; I said to myself! So I went back and asked him to put in writing for me and he said no problem. Then his boss called him in his office and when he returned he informed me that they couldn't sale me that van at that price. Can I tell you he just lost my trust as a salesman? Even today I have trouble trusting car salesmen. I said all that because trust is a very important thing and there are those like the salesman who abuse their privileges. We all have had experience in losing trust in others. I talked with a man not long ago who told me that he didn't believe God would forgive him and he wasn't going to ask Him too. I said to him were the things you have done bad, awful things. He told me you don't even want to know they are so bad. I asked him had he personally ever killed anyone. He said no that he had not. I said have you ever had someone else kill someone for you. He said no. I said did you know that King David had a man killed and did you know that the Apostle Paul had people killed? Did you know that God forgave both of those men and used them mightily? Without Paul the New Testament would be much smaller almost half the size. 2Samuel 11:2
And it came to pass in an eveningtide, that David arose from off his bed, and walked upon the roof of the king's house: and from the roof he saw a woman washing herself; and the woman was very beautiful to look upon.

2Samuel 11:3
And David sent and enquired after the woman. And one said, Is not this Bathsheba, the daughter of Eliam, the wife of Uriah the Hittite?
Watch out David you are about to commit Adultery

2Samuel 11:4
And David sent messengers, and took her; and she came in unto him, and he lay with her; for she was purified from her uncleanness: and she returned unto her house.

2Samuel 11:5
And the woman conceived, and sent and told David, and said, I am with child
So what does David do? He brings her husband Uriah home from battle and tries to get him to go home and be with his wife. But Uriah says no that would not be right because his fellow soldiers were still in the battle field. Then David tries to get him drunk and Uriah spends the night at David's door. So how in the world is David going to cover up his mistake? Here is what he does 2Sameul 11:14
And it came to pass in the morning, that David wrote a letter to Joab, and sent it by the hand of Uriah.

2Sameul 11:15
And he wrote in the letter, saying, Set ye Uriah in the forefront of the hottest battle, and retire ye from him, that he may be smitten, and die.
Uriah trusted his King and his King had him killed. But you know what? God forgave King David you can read about in
Psalms 51
so I said to this man; if God will forgive and use these men don't you think if you ask Him to forgive you He will? 1John 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
Did you read in there anything that would prevent you from being forgiven? Then would you agree with me that trust is the deciding factor. So what is it that you are not asking forgiveness for? Could it also be Trust that's the problem?

No comments:

Post a Comment