Monday, August 17, 2009

Study

Back on March 11 I wrote about my Banana tree. If you will remember I told you that my Son-N-Law gave it to me four years ago. Well today I looked at it and man is it doing good; I don’t have any Bananas but it has about 10 big leafs and it has really out grown my Son-N-Laws again this year. Well I didn’t tell you all that to brag on my Banana tree but as I looked at it I was reminded about something else. During the past two winters I have put all kind of stuff in the hole where I plant the Banana tree and I now have a tomato plant, three cantaloupes and a potato plant growing. Now here is what the Lord taught me about that. I put all kind of things in that hole over the past winter and all I had was a hole. Nothing was growing, it was cold and everything looked dead but I kept putting things in the hole. Now today I will reap a few things from that hole because of what I put in it over the winter. It reminds me about studying God’s Word; there are a lot of mornings I read my Bible and the Lord doesn’t show me very much {or at least I don’t think so}, and then there are other mornings that I just reap a bunch. Why is that? It’s like that Banana Tree hole I kept putting in, but I didn’t with my eyes see anything but all the time it was there just waiting to sprout. My life verse is 2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. That word “study” means to apply the mind to; to read and examine for the purpose of learning and understanding; as, to study law or theology; to study languages. Would you go to a Doctor that had never studied Medicine? I don’t think so! The Bible also says we are to grow in 2 Peter 3:18 But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen. The only way that you and I are going to grow is to study and as we study we too will see things coming up in our lives just as I have seen the tomatoes and cantaloupes in the compost hole. Keep planting that Bible into your heart and you too will see it become alive in your everyday life. It’s easy for me to look and see the tomatoes and cantaloupes around my Banana Tree, but it may not be as easy for you to see your spiritual growth so here is a little test for you to help see the results.

Luke 6:45 A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh. Just listen to yourself talk, what are you talking about? You see you can’t help it whatever you put in your heart will come out your mouth you can’t stop that no matter how hard you try. Ask the Lord to help you listen to yourself and show you what is sprouting up.

No comments:

Post a Comment