Friday, August 21, 2009

Which Doll

What would it take to earn God’s love? If I gave lots of money to the Church would that earn His love? If I gave my life to go to a far off land would that earn His love? If I loved everyone like He did would that earn God’s love? If I never said an unkind word to anyone, would that earn God’s love? If I forgave everyone that has ever done me wrong would that earn God’s love? Once there was a young girl who had a wonderful doll collection in her bedroom she had shelves of dolls from all over the United States. She had dolls that could sing and dance and do just about anything a doll could possibly do. On a certain day a man and his wife came by to visit her parents and during the course of their conversation they found out about her dolls. They asked if they could go to her room and see her collection; she was excited to show them. When she opened the door to her room her guest saw all the dolls and soon they said you have some what of a collection here could you show us which one is your favorite doll? She said sure and went to her toy box and pulled out a doll which was coming all apart and proudly said this is my favorite. The couple asked with all the beautiful dolls you have here in this room why on earth is this one your favorite? The little girl smiled and said if I didn’t love this doll no body would? You see God doesn’t love us for how much money we may or may not have. If we give our life in His service or not makes no difference. 1Corintians 13:3 And though I bestow (give away) all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, (love) it profiteth me nothing. Here is the key; we are told if we give away all our goods for a good reason; to feed the poor and even give your body to be burned, all of that is nothing without “love.” If I can’t do anything to merit God’s love then how do I get God’s love? We already have God’s love. That’s why people go to far off lands; it’s not to merit God’s love it’s because of God’s love toward them. 1Jn 4:19 We love him, because he first loved us.
1Jn 4:8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.
1Jn 4:16 And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him. You see back when they were cursing at Jesus and beating Him and nailing Him to a cross He didn’t open His mouth and say one hateful or hurtful word.
Isaiah 53:7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.
He did nothing wrong and they nailed Him to a cross and as He looked down on those who had spit in His face, pulled out His beard with a heart full of love this is what He had to say about it! Luk 23:34 Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots. Only Love can do that; so it’s not what you do to earn His love He already loves you so much that He died for you. Joh 15:13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. All you and I have to do is except His love and quit trying to earn it for that is impossible.

No comments:

Post a Comment