Thursday, December 3, 2009

Great Answer

A Few months ago I had the opportunity to set in a court room with one of our students who was waiting for his case to be called. As I set there I was amazed at how people tried to prove that they were not guilty. I thought to myself that here were people who knew they were guilty but they were going to do their best to convince the Judge they were not. Some of the questions that were asked were was there any alcohol in the vehicle? They would give answers like this, yes but it was not opened. The officer has in his report that there was an open container and the answer would come, well I knew nothing about it. Who was in the vehicle with you sir? I was by myself; well then sir can you explain why there was an open container and why you registered so high on the alcohol test? Then they would say your machine must be broken. Then the Judge would ask a question, how often is your machine tested. The answer, weekly! So what I am getting at is there was no hope for them ever winning their case because the evidence was against them. I watched it time after time and always the court found them guilty. As I watched case after case the Lord reminded me that I use to think just like that; you see I knew that one day I would have to stand before the Judge of this universe; how I knew that I really don't know, but I already knew what I would say. I would hang my head and say I just didn't understand. Wow! What a great answer that was; stupid thinking on my part. I don't think like that anymore because now I have a lawyer: 1John 2:1
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate

{intercessor, consoler, or comforter} with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: What do I see here? We are in God's family John 1:12
But as many as received him, {Jesus} to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
Then we are told not to sin but if we do we have a intercessor with God the Father His son Jesus Christ the righteous. Do I think we will live a perfect life after we ask the Lord to forgive us of our sins; No! But with the intercessor I won't have to give dumb answers, for Jesus Christ is my lawyer before the Judge of the universe and He will plead my case for me. I hope you are much smarter than I was back then. Now I know in whom I have believed and I'm not fearful of that day anymore for I have been bought with a price for I'm not my own, so therefore I can glorify God in my body. When the last day comes for me and I close my eyes in death I will just be starting to live. I must say I get excited about that from time to time; do you? You may, if you have your eyes on Jesus and not the storm around you for when you are watching the storm that's all you'll see.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment