Thursday, December 10, 2009

Too Busy

It's that time of year that everyone is rushing about, trying to work through their "to-do" lists so that they can…add more items to their "to do" lists. Have you ever just stopped for a moment and looked at the life of Jesus? Was He busy? Sure He was but He was not ruled by His schedule and He never seemed rushed and even though it looked like He was late He wasn't. Like the time it looked like He was four days late; I mean His friend Lazarus the brother of Martha and Mary. What do I mean by it looked as if Jesus was late? Looking at it through human eyes I would say it was a little late to heal someone if they had been dead four days. But that was not the case, Jesus had just raised Lazarus from the dead and everybody seemed happy but I wonder if Lazarus was happy? How would you like to be in heaven for four whole days and all the sudden your back; jerked right off the streets of gold and back into this life. But even though it looked like Jesus was late He wasn't. As you read your Bibles have you ever noticed that while Jesus pursued His plans, He always welcomed interruptions from people in need? I have never read of anyone coming to Jesus and Him saying "I'm sorry, I can't help you today for I need to be in Bethany
by sundown, could you please get with me later for I am burning daylight as we speak. I think too many times we get too busy and we don't have time for the important times and things in life. When my youngest son was playing high school football his mother and I never missed a game. I didn't think much about it for I enjoyed the games, but then one night it was pouring down rain and there were very few in the grand stands. As his team walked onto the playing field I noticed something, our son stopped and looked into the stands and didn't move until his eyes saw his mother and I; he did that every game. I am so glad that we took the time! Life is short and if we are so busy planning the to-do list so we can clear it to put more to do's on it, then I'm afraid our life loses its balance. As I write this I am reminded of Luke 8:41
And, behold, there came a man named Jairus, and he was a ruler of the synagogue: and he fell down at Jesus' feet, and besought him that he would come into his house:

Luke 8:42
For he had one only daughter, about twelve years of age, and she lay a dying. But as he went the people thronged {crowding around} him.
They're on their way but then something happens that stopped their progress. Luke 8:43
And a woman having an issue of blood twelve years, which had spent all her living upon physicians, neither could be healed of any,

Luke 8:44
Came behind him, and touched the border of his garment: and immediately her issue of blood stanched.
This is taking too much time Jairus' daughter is dying let's get going we must hurry. Then Jairus hears the words he does not want to hear.

Luke 8:49
While he yet spake, there cometh one from the ruler of the synagogue's house, saying to him, Thy daughter is dead; trouble not the Master.

Luke 8:50
But when Jesus heard it, he answered him, saying, Fear not: believe only, and she shall be made whole.
Jesus says there is plenty of time just believe me and as you read on you find a 12-year old girl united back with her family. I wrote all this to tell you that Jesus is never too busy to stop what He is doing to listen to and help you in your time of need; "Fear not: believe only " So go ahead ask Him for He's got the time; do you

No comments:

Post a Comment