Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Making a Difference

Have you ever felt that you have been eaten alive by your problems and hard times? There was a man by the name of Daniel who faced some hard times in his life. Once there were 120 princes and 2 presidents and they all tried their best to find fault with Daniel and could not find any. Daniel 6:4
Then the presidents and princes sought to find occasion against Daniel concerning the kingdom; but they could find none occasion nor fault; forasmuch as he was faithful, neither was there any error or fault found in him.
Now that says a lot about this man Daniel. But these men were not finished; they came up with another plan. Daniel 6:5
Then said these men, we shall not find any occasion against this Daniel, except we find it against him concerning the law of his God.
So they came up with a plan; yes a plan that would put Daniel right in the Den of Lions. Daniel 6:7
All the presidents of the kingdom, the governors, and the princes, the counsellors, and the captains, have consulted together to establish a royal statute, and to make a firm decree, that whosoever shall ask a petition of any God or man for thirty days, save of thee, O king, he shall be cast into the den of lions.
All sounded good to the King, but wait a minute they used a little play on words "All the presidents" they forgot to say all except Daniel; who this whole plot is against. So the King thinking all were in agreement signed the decree. Now their plan was set in action all they had to do was wait for Daniel to go pray and bingo into the den of lions he would go. You and I may never have to face being thrown to the lions but let me remind you that tough as well as hard times will come our way. When Daniel knew he still did as he had always had done.

Daniel 6:10
Now when Daniel knew that the writing was signed, he went into his house; and his windows being open in his chamber toward Jerusalem, he kneeled upon his knees three times a day, and prayed, and gave thanks before his God, as he did aforetime.
Daniel you just broke the law and now you are on your way to the den of lions. Everyone was happy because it seemed as if they had succeeded. So it was; Daniel was marched to the den of lions and spent the night; Do what? Spend the night! How in the world do you do that? Daniel was trusting in what his God could do for him and not what the lions could do to him. So it is with you and I when the tuff times come we can trust God for what He will do for us or we can look at the lions at what they will do to us; whatever those lions may be. The Bible has much to say about trusting God. 2Samuel 22:3
The God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my saviour; thou savest me from violence.

2Sa 22:31 As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all them that trust in him.

Proverbs 3:5
Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

Proverbs 3:6
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Psalms 18:2
The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.
If you want to take the time you will find about 134 verses about trusting HIM {Jesus}. Daniel made such an impression in the King that this is what the King wrote. Daniel 6:26 I make a decree, that in every dominion of my kingdom men tremble and fear before the God of Daniel: for he is the living God, and stedfast for ever, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed, and his dominion shall be even unto the end. So it does matter how we act in front of others. In Daniels case it changed the King; who will it change in yours? Someone has their eyes on you don't disappoint them.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment