Monday, December 7, 2009

Surprise

Ever surprised yourself? I try to be careful not to say "I'll never do that!" "I'll never say that!" Why? Because I have said those things and yes I have also done those things I said I would never do. Ever been disappointed in God? Oh, you may not have ever told anyone that you were. The Bible has some that did say it. Martha said it "where were you Jesus? We needed you? My brother is dead, if you had been here this would not have happened. The Disciples were rowing, the storm was raging that Jesus had just sent them into. Where is He? Jesus is nowhere to be found. The waves are coming in on us, does He not care? How could he let this happen to us, He knows we love Him, we are going to die and it's all Jesus' fault? We may never say it like that but I'm sure we have felt it. The phone call comes "we have your daughter at the station. You'd better come down." The letter on the kitchen table "I've left. Don't try to find me. Don't call my cell. It's over. I just don't love you anymore."
The Doctor says; "I'm afraid our news is not good."
You may be living in a dream world—

There will be no financial collapse in my family.

My children will never be buried before me.

People will treat me fairly.

This church will never divide.

My prayer will be answered.

Look what Job said:

Job 23:3
Oh that I knew where I might find him! that I might come even to his seat!

Job 23:8
Behold, I go forward, but he is not there; and backward, but I cannot perceive him:

Job 23:9
On the left hand, where he doth work, but I cannot behold him: he hideth himself on the right hand, that I cannot see him:


 

Is this the same Job we read of earlier?

Job 1:8
And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there
is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil?

Job 1:20
Then Job arose, and rent his mantle, and shaved his head, and fell down upon the ground, and worshiped,

Job 1:21
And said, Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD.

Job 1:22
In all this Job sinned not, nor charged God foolishly.

Job 2:10
But he said unto her, Thou speakest as one of the foolish women speaketh. What? shall we receive good at the hand of God, and shall we not receive evil? In all this did not Job sin with his lips?

Job 19:25 For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:

Job 19:26
And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:

Be careful what you say and please don't say I'll never do…..you'll never catch me doing……..That may have been what the wayward son said in Luke 15 "you'll never catch me with the pigs" I'll never eat pig slop." He may plan not to, but none the less he found himself doing both. See, he surprised himself! And we have too.

No comments:

Post a Comment