Friday, July 9, 2010

Broken

As I was thinking about God I asked myself who is God? Then I asked myself who is George Bush? Do I know George? The answer to that question is no; I really don't know him at all, I know about him. I am afraid many have the same misconception about God, they know about Him but do they really know Him? As I was thinking about that I began to think about Psalms chapter 51 where David said

Psalms 51:6
Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom. Lord, you desire truth in the inward parts; Lord you desire truth and sincerity. Is David saying "Lord it's time for me to get more sincere, pure and genuine? This Psalm of David is when Nathan the prophet came unto him, after he had gone in to Bathsheba. David had committed a sin; he had committed adultery with Bathsheba. When he found out that she was pregnant with his child he brought her husband home from the battlefield thinking he would go home unto his wife. That didn't happen so David thought he had no other choice but to have him killed. Later David says

Psalms 51:16
For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering.

Psalms 51:17
The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise. Brokenness is something that we all have experienced in life at one time or another. That's why we need to know beyond a shadow of a doubt that God is the Healer of broken hearts, lives, emotions and people. You are going to have to be broken from self-reliance in order for God to heal and restore you to the place where your trust and reliance is on Him. Could brokenness be God's way of moving you into a new identity and a new life? God is the Healer of broken people; you can trust Him to put you back together when you'll never be able to put yourself together on your own. You and I must trust Him even when we don't understand what He is doing. Have a great weekend and I'll see you on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment