Thursday, July 1, 2010

Relationships

Relationships, are they really that important? The relationship with your wife, children, mom, and dad; are they really that important? When I was a kid I thought my dad was the greatest man that ever lived, he was my hero, my knight in shining armor. When I got to be a teenager I realized that he wasn't all that bright or at least that is the way I viewed him at that time in my life. His rules were too strict; his demands were not acceptable, why should I have to be…….when everyone else was getting to do…..? When I was 18 I decided who needs all of this! I decided to quit Jr. College and join the military right in the middle of the Viet Nam war. This was a dumb mistake on my part which I would learn much later. After returning home I began to rebuild my relationship with my dad. We again had a great relationship. I asked his advice on almost everything and he was once again my hero. The sad thing is that I wasted too many years thinking he had lost his mind and when he died I not only lost my dad but my best friend and my hero. I told all that just to let you know how important it is to build good relationships. Don't put off repairing that broken relationship; you may be the one who needs to mend that broken relationship. Don't say well if they hadn't done what they did we would still be….. Ok, maybe so but that's not going to fix anything. How about trying this:

Colossians 3:13
Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.
It's great to be forgiven and it's great to forgive, you can start by saying I'm sorry. Building relationships takes a life time to build strong ones and only a few minutes to destroy one. I miss my hero and he has been gone 23 years now and there is not a day that goes by that I don't think of him. He left a great lasting impression on my life and my desire is to do the same. Hold on to that grudge, keep telling yourself you were right and they were wrong. You will surely destroy that friendship. Keep saying cruel things about that person. It's better to build than to destroy. If you don't know how or think you can't, ask God to help for He is the master at Forgiveness.

Psalms 103:12
As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us. Think we could do the same? Work at rebuilding lost relationships and work at building on the ones we already have. Have you told someone lately how much they mean to you? You will be amazed at what it will do for the both of you. Now get out there and getter done!


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment