Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Knowledge

Something happened to me just the other day that made me begin to think about the word knowledge. Merriam-Webster says the word means the fact or condition of knowing something with familiarity gained through experience or association. I was having some problems with my computer and could not get on the internet at all, no matter what I did there was no getting on. Well, I called my computer manufacturer which was glad to help me. They asked me a number of questions and then took over my computer after they had helped me get on the internet. In a short time they said they could fix it without me doing anything; did I just say without doing anything. What I meant was if I would give them $179.00 they could have me up and going. I declined the offer and decided to take it to another computer shop that I had discovered not long ago which was owned by a nice man named John. I left my computer with him, he called in less than an hour later and told me he would have my computer ready the next day and the cost would be $50.00. When I picked my computer up I asked him what was wrong, he told me that a internet switch had gotten turned off and he turned it back on and cleaned up my computer and it has been doing wonderful ever since. His honesty and knowledge saved me $129.00 to which I am very grateful. Know why we don't know some things? It's because we are not familiar and have not had experience or association with whatever we are dealing with. That's why we don't put confidence in the Lord, we are not familiar with His word and have had little experience and association with Him. In other words we don't know Him because we haven't worked on our relationship with Him. Here is God's will for our lives

1Timothy 2:4
Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. He wants all to know Him and be knowledgeable of Him. We do that by learning about Him

Matthew 11:29
Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. As we grow in our knowledge about Him. 2Peter 3:18
But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen. I'm sorry no one came to your door today with a briefcase full of money, but money is not what we need. We need to be sure about our Salvation; we need to know the truth. What is the truth? Good question!

John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. Jesus said He was the "truth" if we know Jesus then we know the truth and if we know the truth look at the blessing

John 8:32
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. Did you notice the word was "MAKE" and not "SET"! There is a big difference in the two. I could not fix my computer because I am not very knowledgeable in that area but I am much more knowledgeable in my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for I have been growing in Him for over 35 years. Although I don't understand all that happens to me I am sure of my salvation and what my Bible tells me

Romans 8:38
For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

Romans 8:39
Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us (me) from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Hebrews 13:5
Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

Think I'll just, as the old song written by Elisha A. Hoffman back in 1887 keep "Leaning on the everlasting arms."

What a fellowship, what a joy divine,
Leaning on the everlasting arms;
What a blessedness, what a peace is mine,
Leaning on the everlasting arms.

Refrain

Leaning, leaning, safe and secure from all alarms;
Leaning, leaning, leaning on the everlasting arms.

O how sweet to walk in this pilgrim way,
Leaning on the everlasting arms;
O how bright the path grows from day to day,
Leaning on the everlasting arms.

Refrain

What have I to dread, what have I to fear,
Leaning on the everlasting arms;
I have blessed peace with my Lord so near,
Leaning on the everlasting arms.

Refrain


Just lean my friend just lean.

No comments:

Post a Comment