Tuesday, July 20, 2010

From the Grave

I would like to tell you of another person that left me a note in a cemetery that greatly impacted my life. By the time I found the note it would have been over 90 years. Let me explain. A young lady; her last name was Brooks died in 1903, forty-seven years before I was born. It would not be until 1995 that I would find the note and then it would be unreadable to the human eye. How were you able to read it you may ask? From time to time I love to stop by cemeteries and read the tombstones; you can learn a lot about people doing that. On this particular day as I was wondering through this cemetery I noticed a name and a date but under that there was something written. I went to my truck and got a piece of paper and found a piece of pine bark. I laid the paper on the tombstone and began to rub it back and forth until the words began to appear. When I was finished this is what it said "Where you stand I once stood, where I am you will soon be, prepare to meet God." What a message, such an impact, so much so that I have never forgotten that afternoon. Wonder how many lives my life has had an impact on? You see dying is not what scares me. It's dying and having no impact. Here was a young lady that died in her 20's but yet she had a tremendous impact on me for she spoke to me from her grave.

Hebrews 11:4
By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh. The Apostle Paul had a great impact and influence in young Timothy's life because Paul took the time to invest in his life. Paul also taught Timothy to do the same

2Timothy 2:2
And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also. It's called being able to reproduce yourself; who are you pouring your life into? I hope you are not keeping what you have been taught with the attitude of I had to learn it the hard way so let them. That is foolish thinking. I have thousands of dollars worth of books in my library and I was hoping that the Lord would have called one of my children into the ministry but He chose not to. I am hoping now that the Lord will call one of my grandchildren into the ministry so I can pass my library on to them. If not I will find me a young man and give it to him, I will not leave it, for it is priceless. I have books that are out of print from the 1800's and early 1900's. What I am saying is I want to impact others with what my Heavenly Father has so blessed me with. Don't be stingy with what the Lord has blessed you with give, teach and share


2Kings 7:9
Then they said one to another, We do not well: this day is a day of good tidings, and we hold our peace: if we tarry till the morning light, some mischief will come upon us: now therefore come, that we may go and tell the king's household Impact someone today and by doing that you may have impacted many; did Miss Brook have an impact on you today? If so she is still impacting people 107 years after her death; that is an impact that has last.

No comments:

Post a Comment