Friday, July 16, 2010

Talked About

I was seating in a restaurant eating my lunch yesterday, it was in the afternoon and there was only one other customer. I noticed that every employee was at one table as they talked the volume of their conversation began to get louder and before long I could easily hear what they were talking about. They were talking about another employee that wasn't present. One would run her down and then another would say something bad about that employee. I would say that the manager should have stopped the talk but the manager was right in the middle of running down this employee. I must say this was a poor business practice to say the least. As I heard this destruction of another's character this scripture came to my mind:

John 3:19
And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. Would we rather talk about the dark side of others life? Then I began to think how many conversations do I hear about the good that someone else is doing? Very rarely do I ever hear someone say something nice it is usually something in the negative. Did you hear about Fred? He thinks he is………….. And Mary well she has gotten herself into a real………….. Then I began to think about the way I may speak evil about others. Do I blurt out things about others when it would have been better to have just kept my mouth shut? Do I, without even thinking about what I am saying or who might over hear what I am saying? Then I said this is not good and if I am doing such a practice I need to stop do it. I decided that this weekend I would listen to what I am saying about others and if something evil or wrong starts to come out of my mouth I would stop and turn it into something good about that person. I really want to speak well of others and watch what I say to others.

I would like to also ask that you pray for my family this weekend for on yesterday morning my cousin lost her battle with cancer. She had fought and the Lord had blessed her for over 12 years that's longer than anyone I have ever known living with lung cancer. In those years she was a great encouragement to me. She was never in the bed but to rest; always up and always had something to do or somewhere to go. I was with her this past Tuesday night and we as always enjoyed each other's company. On Wednesday morning they could not get her awake and called 911 they took her to the hospital. As I went in to see her in the ICU unit her speech was low and I couldn't understand her. I reached down to hold her hand and kissed her and told her I loved her and as I looked at her I could see her lips form the words "I love you." I had prayer with her and we left to go home about 12:45 am. On Thursday morning sometime before 8:00 she took her last breath here and opened her eyes in glory. I will miss her greatly but all I can think about is the battle is over and life has just started. One part of me is sad while the other part of me is glad. If you will pray for us this weekend I will be very grateful. Thank you and I'll see you Monday have a Great Weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment