Thursday, December 2, 2010

Be Strong

How is one to be strong? Would lifting weights make one strong? Sure as far as our muscular body goes. We hear talk about a strong willed child; you may have one living in your home. I am not talking about those kinds of strengths let me tell you by way of an illustration. As you know my wife has broken her leg and has to use a walker to get to the few places she can go. Now that walker is strong and she at this point is weak. She is depending on that strong walker to make her strong. Let’s say I come in the night while she is a asleep and take her walker and hide it from her. She is weak and can’t move and go where she needs too in her own strength. Now read what the Apostle Paul has to say.

2Corthains 12:10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong. In the hardship, persecution, and difficulties I am weak. Now read the verse before that one

2Corthains 12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness.(my power is strongest when I am weak; Paul)Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. We see that God’s grace is the strength that worked in Paul’s weakness. The walker that my wife uses does her no good in the corner it’s only when she realizes her weakness that she is made strong. As long as you and I live in God's grace and his Power we are fine. It is when we think we are strong and start making decisions on our own we get into trouble. Adam and Eve were fine until they thought they were strong and made a decision on their own outside of God’s plan for their life. Remember our enemy wants to Steal, Kill and Destroy
John 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: Don’t let him come and steal your walker in the night or your prayer time, bible reading time, Church time or any other time that you spend with your heavenly Father. For as you already know time is completely irretrievable! What you allow the enemy to steal in time can never be recovered so guard it and admit you are weak for then you will be strong…looks like another oxymoron.

No comments:

Post a Comment