Monday, December 20, 2010

Elements

You and I cannot choose our circumstances, but you and I can choose our attitude in the midst of those circumstances. The Apostle Paul tells us how to not allow the circumstances in our life to overtake us. Paul’s circumstances were miserable, he was in prison on trumped up charges, his surroundings were awful, and his dreams were on hold. With all this going on in Paul’s life he doesn’t complain, question, attack or give up. He writes and tells how he was able to accomplish that by three elements.
#1- By seeing meaning- Philippians 4:4 Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice.
#2- By seeing beauty- Philippians 4:6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
#3- By thinking future- Philippians 4:7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
I think you must maintain humor in your life too. Proverbs 17:22 A merry heart doeth good like a medicine:
As you know my sweet wife has broken her leg and has been confined to our living room and has not been able to put any weight on her right leg at all. Her circumstances are not by her choosing but her attitude is. For the past 7-weeks she has not one time complained or felt sorry for herself, questioned, or attacked. She has not complained about the way I am helping as I feel I am not doing a real good job working, cooking, directing two ministries, going everywhere by myself; to tell you the truth I miss her tremendously. Not once have I heard her say anything that would indicate that she was discouraged; could it be the reason she isn’t is she sees meaning. She is doing what the doctor tells her. She is seeing beauty in the prayers as she makes her request known unto God. Then she is thinking future; this is only for a season. Then lastly I hear her laughing which indicates a merry heart doing the work of a good medicine. I have learned so much from her in her time of trouble. We will go back to the doctor this Wednesday to see how much she has improved please help me pray. I am excited about this week the Doctor on Wednesday, Christmas Eve on Friday and Christmas Day on Saturday! How can you not to be excited? You must agree with me it’s going to be a great week.
“The only real blind person at Christmas-time is he who has not Christmas in his heart.”

Helen Keller



1 comment:

  1. What wonderful thoughts! My heart is with you in your hard times and with Miss Judy as she recuperates from this broken leg. I will continue to pray for you both, as well as both ministries.

    ReplyDelete