Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Path

Remember Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz? She was told if she wanted to see Oz that she would have to follow the Yellow Brick Road which led to the Emerald city and there she would find the Great Oz. Well, the yellow brick road or path came to a split and Dorothy had to make a decision whether to take a left or a right. No one told Dorothy that there would be such a decision to be made so she was unprepared. Our paths are much like the one Dorothy was on and just as no one told Dorothy that the path would come to a split we are not always warned either. The paths we follow sometimes leads to a place where we will have to make a decision. The Bible talks about paths; let’s look at a few of them.
There is the path of life  Psalms 16:11  Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.
There is the plain path Psalms 27:11  Teach me thy way, O LORD, and lead me in a plain path, because of mine enemies.
There is the path of the just Proverbs 4:18  But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day. In this path of life there is joy and pleasures for evermore but to many it seems too plain, little excitement and little fun. The plain path may look dull but there are many enemies in the fast lanes; without doubt it seems to be more fun and excitement for a while but the end results will not be pleasures for evermore. We only have to look to the young man in Luke 15 to see what fast lane living will do. Remember this young man left home for a more adventurous life style; he found it alright but it came with a price. Friends who used him up and when it was all gone so were they; he ends up in a hog pen eating hog food. Now which path looks exciting the path that leads to destruction or the plain path which looks dull? How would one find the just path? Now remember it’s not going to look exciting it will be quite plain but it doesn’t end up in the hog pen. The path of the just is a shining light that gets brighter and brighter unto a perfect day. It is what you want; a nice place with the hogs or a perfect day. Watch out for the bright lights for they will not always lead you to the perfect day. The way to the perfect day has light that will guide you every step of the way.
Psalms119:105  Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
Let me explain it this way. On Sunday nights when I leave our Church it is dark and I turn on my head lights. Now my head lights don’t shine all the way to our home only out in front of the vehicle as it lights the road ahead of me. As long as I follow the light and stay on the road I’ll be just fine. It’s only when I take my eyes off the lighted path that I am headed for trouble. Now when I get home I got there because I followed the light that was ahead of me and although the light didn’t shine all at once to our home I can say I had light all the way. Just remember these verses
Matthew7:13   Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in there at:
Matthew7:14   Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. The majority are not always right and the path is not always bright.

No comments:

Post a Comment