Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Glorify

A poll was taken that asked Americans what they thought was their main purpose in life. The responses were interesting. You would think some might say, "To make a contribution to society," or "To have a meaningful life." But what most people said was, "The main purpose of life is enjoyment and personal fulfillment." It's interesting to note that 50 percent of those polled identified themselves as born-again Christians. So what does the Bible say?
Isaiah 43:7  Even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him.
Psalms 30:12  To the end that my glory may sing praise to thee, and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks unto thee for ever.
Psalms 50:15  And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me.
Psalms 86:12  I will praise thee, O Lord my God, with all my heart: and I will glorify thy name for evermore.
1Corinthain 6:20  For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.
Don’t see that much anymore; you would think you  would see that at the Church house I mean after all God has done you would think we would see an expression of His Glory. On the other hand go to the Ball Park and you’ll see another picture; people waving their hands and shouting at the top of their lungs. Now there is nothing wrong with that but I feel that just maybe we should have some of that energy left to show our appreciation for all that God has done in each of our lives. When we pray  we should praise Him and praise Him without doubt. 
1Timothy 2:8  I will therefore that men pray every where, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting.
Every Friday night as we close our Reformers meeting I ask those who received help to lift their hand and many hands always go up. I then ask them to do something; I say that it is  God and not I that has helped them and before they go to sleep this night to thank God for His goodness to them.  Our heavenly Father wants to have fellowship with you and I and He wants us to Glorify Him and make Him known to those around us.  
Matthew 5:16  Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. 

No comments:

Post a Comment