Thursday, April 28, 2011

Happy

When I was a young boy I was playing in our back yard up in a big wild cherry tree. While I was playing I picked up a rope; I don’t know how but I got tangled up and fell. As I fell the rope tightened up and there I was hanging in that tree. My mother and Dad were inside the house and didn't see me as time was of the upmost importance. Little did I know that our next door neighbor had seen what had happened and was quickly on his way to cut me loose? I had not thought of that in years until I read Psalms 40 and verse 1 I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry.
Well, to tell you the truth I wasn’t waiting very patiently that day hanging up in that tree but I am glad that someone inclined unto me and heard my cry. No, it wasn’t God that day; it was my next door neighbor. He came and lifted me up where I was able to put my feet on solid ground; that day he saved my life. There was another day in April of 1973 I found myself with a great need and on that day the Lord inclined unto me and heard my cry. The Lord did something for me that my next door neighbor couldn’t do; the next three verses tell us 
Psalms 40:2  He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.
Psalms 40:3  And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD.
Psalms 40:4  Blessed is that man that maketh the LORD his trust, and respecteth not the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies. Do you see it? It was the Lord that brought me up out of a horrible pit; it wasn’t me, it was Him! It was the Lord that set my feet upon a rock. It was the Lord that established my goings; not me. It was the Lord that put a new song in my mouth; not me. Yes, many have seen what the Lord has done for me. So happy is the person whom puts their trust in the Lord. Are you happy? Are you trying to make yourself happy; it’s the Lord who makes one happy. “I’m happy in the lord today.” “This  is the say the Lord has made I will rejoice and be glad in it.” Happiness is not found in things; happiness is found in the Lord. I hope you haven’t been looking for happiness in all the wrong places for happiness is in reaching distance. 
Proverbs3:5  Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. 
There it is Psalms 40:4  Blessed(happy) is that man that maketh the LORD his trust
 May I say to you this Thursday that I am Happy and I'm Happy because Jesus lives withing my heart and whatever comes my way this day the Lord knew about it before my eyes opened this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment